Monday, June 11, 2012


Today my heart is broken. I had to make the very difficult decision to put Blue to sleep. I've never had to 
do that before. But Blue was a fighter and I guess he knew I just couldn't let go. So he stayed on, even though he was in pain, couldn't move, and could barely breathe. I couldn't let him suffer the indignities any longer, so I had to let him go. His memory will live on in Blame it on Texas, where he was a major character, and in Blue Moon over Texas, where he had a couple of cameo appearances. He may show up in the next book, as well, because in my fiction he can still be vital, and alive, and happy. I only wish I could have made that so in real life. He was a true hero, loyal to a fault, willing to give his life for me and my family if need be. I will always miss him. Until we meet again, Blue, I love you.


No comments: