Friday, July 28, 2006

Home Again

A week in the hospital was about all my daughter could stand. It's a good thing the doctor let her go home today, because she was all packed and ready to leave whether he said okay or not.

I've spent 18-20 hours a day at the hospital with her this past week, so I'm pretty much beat. I've lost the thread of the story I was working on, which means going back to read from the beginning and hopefully pick the momentum back up. This is the reason it's so important to write every day, to keep yourself immersed in the story. I've already decided that if I get a rejection on the current WIP, I'm going to drop it for now and get back to something that really interests me. To hell with the market, I want to write a story that grabs me by the throat, not the pursestrings.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

Glad your daughter's okay. And writing what grabs you is essential for a good manuscript. I learned that the hard way too. A couple of years writing what I thought would sell left me frustrated and thinking about never picking up a pen again. When I decided to go back to what appeals to me, my whole world changed- my writing's better, my attitude is better and I've kept my sanity. Well, as much of it as I have!

Nell Dixon said...

Just to say I've had you and your family in my prayers.