Monday, November 13, 2006

Update on mom

Shortly after I posted about mom's car being repossessed, I got a call from my sister telling me that mom was in the hospital, in ICU. At first they thought she'd had a stroke, but it turned out she had meningitis. After 24 hours of touch and go, she's responding to the medication, can now say yes and no--but nothing else that makes any sense. She has pneumococal (sp?) meningitis, very dangerous, especially for the elderly. Started as an ear infection and progressed within a few hours to a life-threatening illness.

Hug your moms and check to see if she has a fever. If she does, take her to the doc!

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Your mom and your family will be in my thoughts. Take care.

Tori Scott said...

Thanks Christine. She's much better today. I actually got to talk to her on the phone.

Doc's are amazed at her progress.

Grace Tyler said...

Glad she's doing better. Hope you can go visit her.