Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Progress Update

Finally got my partial ready for the GH. I'm really excited about this book. God bless Nancy for sticking with me and not screaming over all the changes she's had to suggest.

Now I'm ready to do some power writing to get the book finished. I have about 50 days to write another 65,000 words or so. That's an average of 5 pages a day, which is what I've been doing so far. I need to get in a few 10 page days so I have some breathing space to get through birthdays and Thanksgiving, but that should be doable.

Anyone else trying to get something new ready for the GH?

3 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

Great going, Pam. Yeah, I'm planning to finish this YA before the GH deadline. Probably nothing else though. I have a couple of other things from earlier in the year I plan to enter too.

Anonymous said...

What Does GH stand for?

Tori Scott said...

GH stands for Golden Heart, RWA's contest for unpublished writers.

I'm still waffling on whether or not I'm going to enter this book. I really want to take the time to get it right, and I'm not sure I have enough time left.