Sunday, August 06, 2006

Making Memories



I've spent the last few days with my grandsons, going swimming, playing at the park, fishing, watching as they rode their electric Harley. We had fun, but most importantly, we made memories.

No one was better at making memories than my father-in-law. He did it by repetition--doing and saying things over and over until they were forever a part of us. My grandmother always greeted us on our visits with homemade rolls, buttered and toasted, and mugs of hot chocolate. I hope I can follow their example with my own grandchildren. I've started by having a tradition of a big breakfast in the mornings when they're here. We have eggs, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, orange juice. If I forget something ( like I did this week when I failed to buy orange juice) the kids let me know I goofed.

Do you have "memory makers?" Things you do with your kids every year, or with your grandkids? I'd love to have some ideas of things I can do to make our own memories.

2 comments:

MJFredrick said...

That last picture is just terrific, Pam!

Tori Scott said...

Thanks Mary. That photo won't win any awards for lighting or focus, but dh did catch a pretty good "pose."

Lucymama--7 grandsons! I'm so exhausted after 5 days with just 2, I can't imagine.