Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I've Had It!

With clutter, that is. After 33 years of marriage, 4 kids, and inheriting the stuff my mom didn't want to move to Colorado with her, my house, garage, and storage shed are overflowing. It's hard to keep the house clean when every room is packed full of sentimental garbage.

Dh and I are starting today on our decluttering campaign. We're going to be ruthless. If it doesn't serve a purpose, it's outta here. Sentimental crap will be offered to the kids or other relatives. If they don't want it, it's gone. Only papers essential to our survival, careers, or the IRS will be allowed to remain. That cute little ceramic bear I bought on one of our flea markets prowls is history. The clothes in the closet that I keep thinking I might get back into "someday" are going to Goodwill. (Hey, if I lose a bunch of weight, I'm going to want new stuff anyway, right?)

The dogs can sense something's up, and they're nervous. But dang, I'd never get rid of my dogs!

No comments: