Sunday, March 25, 2012

In addition to writing, I have a passion for photography. To me, the two arts are related. They help me to show how I view the world. In writing, it's through my characters. In photography, it's through the lens. I'm a lot better at writing than I am at photography, but fortunately I don't have to pay the bills with my pictures.

This weekend my husband and I took a trip to Ennis, Texas to take pictures of the bluebonnets. I learned it's incredibly hard to capture the true beauty and color of Texas' State Flower. The bluebonnet is to Texas what the four-leaf clover is to Ireland and we're incredibly proud and protective of it.

What better start to the new week than a couple of my favorite photos from the weekend? Do you have a hobby that helps you to relax or spurs creativity in other areas?


No comments: