Sunday, August 15, 2010

A friend sent me this as a reminder of what I was called to do. It's from Madalyn Aslan's horoscopes for last week.

If a film is done right, it has the power to inspire and motivate just about anyone. I recently watched a movie with my kids called Sister Act II, a flick that can inject hope in almost any naysayer. Something Whoopi Goldberg said made me pause and reflect for a long time. I still think about her words today, enough that I am sharing them now with you. She said, “If you wake up in the morning and all you can think about is singing, then you are a singer.” This movie spoke volumes about passion and inherent gifts and the true beauty and freedom in expressing them. You either have the music in you or you don’t. In these powerful times, your Soul wants nothing more than to express its own unique individuality, to care not about what other people might think and to set a trend in doing what feels most natural to you. There is more in you that is dying to come out Sag, far more, and the current cosmic climate is going to help you go about making that happen.When you wake up in the morning, and all you can think about is...?

This is just the beginning.


Okay, I'm not a Sagittarius (I even had to look it up to spell it right), and I'm not really a singer though I love music. What I am is a writer. Or at least I used to be. But rejections, loss of momentum with agents and editors from not being able to afford conferences, sapped energy from a difficult, stressful job, all combined to grind my writing to a halt. Well, there's an occasional trickle, but the days of sitting down and writing a 75,000 word book in 6 weeks seem like a long ago dream.

But, I think about it every single day. I yearn for the days when the words and ideas flowed. I ache for the time to sit down and get into a story and not surface until I'm so exhausted and hungry I just can't type another sentence. I tell myself "someday."

So when is "someday?" Today? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Something tells me that someday had better start right now or it will all slip away forever.

No comments: