Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Finally, a day off

We've been working 12 hour days lately and I'm beat. My writing is suffering terribly--as in no writing being done at all. I have been trying to edit a few pages a day, but I end up nodding off at the computer and give up in favor of trying to catch at least 6 hour of sleep before the alarm goes off. I keep promising my husband that I'll finish this book, because I have a really strong feeling that this one might sell, but without a break in the work schedule, it just isn't happening. Now I have the next 5 days off--glory hallelujah!--so we'll see how much I can get done. My goal is to finish polishing and editing the 200 pages I have so far and sending those off to Hilary Sares, then hitting the keyboard hard enough to write another 50 pages. We'll see if that happens. But first, there's the mowing and the laundry and the vacuuming and dusting and sweeping and...

I need to win the lottery so I can just stay home and write books!

We did our family Easter party a week early, and we had a blast. Almost the entire extended family gathered at my mother-in-law's house, many bearing dishes for lunch. I love these family dinners and wish we could do them more often, but they're a huge burden on whoever hosts the party, so we keep them to just major holidays. Anyway, it was fun to watch the little ones hunt eggs in BJ's huge front yard. DH took some really good pictures with his new Nikon, and I even let him take mine (I hate having my picture taken.)

My oldest grandson mistook an egg dye tablet for a Sweettart and started chewing it. Much panic ensued (on his part, anyway) when his mouth, tongue, and teeth turned blue. Took his mother 10 minutes with a toothbrush, some Crest, and baking soda to get him back to a semi-normal look.

Hey, don't miss the Wet Noodle Posse e-zine this month. Some really great articles over there.
http://www.wetnoodleposse.com

No comments: