Monday, March 20, 2006

March Madness

Well, I got a rejection from Kim on the full ms. Yeah, it hurt. I cried. But I got over it. She said some nice things about my writing and characters, but ultimately she didn't fall in love with it. I wish someway, somehow, I could figure out what this book needs to push it over the edge. It's one of those books that just won't let me go. The first two, I was able to move on after the rejections, even though they came so close to selling. But this one just won't let go. Oh well. It's entered in the Golden Heart. If it finals, I'll submit it a few more places, if it doesn't, I might try going the e-pub route.

Had a little bit of excitement around here with the birth of a new calf. He somehow never figured out how to nurse or something, and we almost lost him. But with the help of penicillin for his cold and fresh cow's milk from the local dairy, we got him back on his feet and he's nursing from his mama. I got a bath (licking) from his mama for saving him. You could tell she was saying thank you. Too cool.

Youngest son went to California for Spring Break because he didn't want to just sit at home. So for $200, he got to sit at his brother's apartment. Everyone was too busy or too involved in other things to take him anywhere or do anything with him. That's just sad. I'll have to find a way to make it up to him, I guess.

I've been so busy pouring concrete that I haven't had the time or energy to write much this month, other than to start another story I don't have time to finish. But I'm determined to put my office in order and get back to it ASAP! Just as soon as the DARA conference is over. :)

No comments: